Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Dice Pillars & Awards

A couple of items of business. First, here's a pic of the painted dice pillars. I posted the WIP shots a while back. I got (took) the idea from King's Minis.


Second, I've been Liebstered again since Asslessman kindly nominated me. Three times in fact.

Now since the whole Liebster process, while fun, is rather tiring, I've decided that instead of filling out three separate new Liebster posts I'm just going to go through the questions offered and answer the most interesting ones, while shouting out to those bloggers who nominated me. Short and sweet. How's that sound?

First up is the estimable Randroid of the excellent Drinkin' and Modelin' blog. Not only does he make great beer recommendations, but he is also like at least seven types of fun to game with. We met at the Chaos Cup 2013, and man was that game a blast. Even though he trounced me.

Next is the nomination of Barks from Wargaming With Barks. We are both newcomers to each other's blogs, so I look forward to exploring your awesome blog further!

And finally is Sean, from Sean's Wargames Corner. He's been a follower for a long time here with many kind words and interesting things to contribute. Cheers, Sean!

Here are the questions I felt like answering:


  1. If you could change one thing about the wargaming hobby, what would it be? I guess I'd try and change the culture of competitive games in pre-packaged gaming worlds. For me, this hobby is most fun when you aren't just playing a game with someone, but you are actively experiencing the workings of their imaginiation in the act of creation...and contributing, also, with your own. I don't mean any disrespect for people who like those established kind of games though. After all, that's how I started. It's your hobby, and so long as you enjoy it then that's cool.
  2. What is best in life? Stories, I think. Even though I can be pretty crap at making them, I always love hearing them. Couple that with jokes and mild intoxicants and I think you'd be pretty close to the best. (Barks and I quite agree on this point, it turns out.)
  3. What miniature are you most proud of having painted? This is almost always the last miniature that I painted. Unless that one came out crap. Then it's the one before that. (Just wait until Friday. You'll see one I'm quite proud of.)
  4. Why is a raven like a writing desk? They both croak disturbing things to me while I'm drifting off to sleep, and they both steal the shiny objects from around my room.
  5. Or Sean suggests as a less perplexing question: If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be? Either a secoya (for the view) or a mangrove (for the fish nibbling at my gnarly toes).


Hope you enjoyed that. Thanks to all you gents for the awards. I really appreciate that you appreciate what I do here.

2 comments :

  1. I knew I had seen it somewhere. Four times!? You must be doing something right. Enjoyed your answers and look forward to the next project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I appear to have a small but loyal - and highly complimentary - cadre of fans. It's all for you guys.

      Delete