Monday, July 21, 2014

Preparing the Dire Men

So I've finally gotten to the point where I can start showing off my new SoBH warband. The figures are all painted, I've made the cards, but, since I am no magic man, this all came together several weeks after the start of the CSW's summer SoBH campaign


...which means I have some WiP shots of my Dire Men (EM-4 miniatures mounted barbarians. Check them out) that I would feel silly posting after the painted versions of the same. So today's post is something of a filler/teaser until I start unveiling my grime-punk masterpieces.


Fulgid Glim and his Dire Men have, however, already participated in a couple of battles, so for the impatient you can check out the figures and their deeds so far here...


...and also here.


Why so many WiP shots, you ask? Well, I had originally planned to make a tutorial on my entire painting process, but as usually happens, the deadline for finishing the band got the better of me/ I got too excited and involved in the actual painting to document it properly.


And so the futility of my endeavours is perpetuated. I pass it on to you in this largely useless post. You can do the same for others by leaving a comment below. The more fatuous, the better.

2 comments :

  1. This is a great warband, excellent painting. I especially like the banner, and also the menhirs in the background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again! I have to admit I'm particularly proud of the menhirs (good word). If your interested, you can see how they came together here: http://mdarrow.blogspot.com/search/label/Blue%20Foam

      Cheers!

      Delete